In every commercial kitchen all gas appliances need to be annually serviced and checked safety by a Gas Safe registered engineer according to manufacturer’s instructions. Any appliance left unchecked could leave kitchen staff and diners at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 you have a legal duty to make sure that any gas equipment on your premises is checked and certified by a gas safe qualified engineer at least once every year.
Commercial kitchens need a gas safety inspection by a gas registered company in order to make sure that every appliance is certified safe for use, keeping catering premises safe and efficient for everyone.
If you notice any of the following occurring within your appliance, you’ll want to get your appliance serviced right away:
- The gas appliance is not working properly
- The appliance is burning with a lazy yellow flame rather than a crisp blue one
- Black marks/stains are evident around the gas appliance
- The pilot light keeps going out
- There is increased condensation in the room
KCS also offer the option to exchange water filters and Calcium Treatment Units on your appliances whilst on service, and schedule when they are next due to be changed.